Kristine Santos Preiser, L.Ac., MSTOM
Kristine is a recognized Diplomat of Acupuncture by the NCCAOM. She earned her Master's degree in the Science of Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM) from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, a four year program comprised of over 3,500 hours of theory and clinical practice.
She had the unique opportunity to practice at the PCOM teaching clinic, Senior's clinic in downtown San Diego, the world renowned San Diego Hospice and Institute for Palliative Medicine, and San Diego Cancer Center part of the UC San Diego Health Care System.
Kristine also spent 3 weeks at The Cheng Du University of TCM where she completed the International TCM Training Program of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tui Na. She had the valuable opportunity to participate in clinical practice under TCM doctors and take part in lectures delivered by professors at the university.
• The George Washington University, B.A. in Psychology (9/2001-5/2005)
• Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, MSTOM, (2006-2010)
• COREPOWER YOGA, Power Yoga Level One, RYS 200-hours, April 10, 2008
• Nationally Certified in Acupuncture, NCCAOM, Lic#136478
• New Jersey State Board of Medicine licensed practitioner, Lic#25MZ00092500
• State of North Carolina licensed acupuncturist, Lic#719
As a licensed acupuncturist and certified yoga teacher, Kristine integrates Chinese medical principles with ancient yoga systems to create a holistic, informative and well rounded yoga session. She received her Dao Flow Practitioner credential in the summer of 2015 and now teaches at Hendersonville's premier infrared studio - Yoga and Massage (YAM) - www.iamyam.com. She received her 200-hour Level I CorePower certification in 2008. Kristine was first introduced to yoga in a high school gym class 16 years ago. Her practice has evolved in many ways since then, from hatha to kundalini, ashtanga to hot power vinyasa. The past 3 years have been particularly transformative, she's attended numerous yoga workshops, spiritual retreats and the innovative Dao Flow Yoga Teacher Training at http://nourishinglife.com. In addition to leading a number of yoga classes in the Asheville area, she has a flourishing acupuncture practice with her husband, WNC Acupuncture - www.wncacupuncture.com. Kristine’s love for yoga and Chinese Medicine fuels her personal practice as well as her role as yoga teacher and acupuncturist. It is her ongoing goal to bring balance and healing to herself, fellow practitioners, yoga students and community.
Past 3 years of practice:
• Bhavana Infusion 2014
• Dao Flow Yoga Practitioner Level 1 2015
• Michael Johnson Meditation & Bhakti Yoga, Bhakti Immersion 5-Days 2016, Meditation Retreat 5-days 2016, Hatha Yoga Pradipika 3-Day Workshop 2017
• Working on 500-hr certification
• Qi Gong Workshop CEU’s 20 hours 2016
• Bhakti - Maui April 2014, Dec 2015
• Garrison Heart of Devotion July 2016
• Ecstatic Chant, Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY 2015, 2016
Francis Lucille - Advaita, Non-duality
Mooji - Advaita, Non-duality
Ram Dass - Bhakti Yoga
Saraswati Markus - Dao Flow Yoga for Women
Joe Taft - Raja Yoga, Alignment based yoga
Michael Johnson - Bhakti Vinyasa Flow, Jnana Yoga
Krishna Das, Nina Rao - Nada Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Mantra
• piano for 28 years
• singing for 28 years
• tabla 2016